Difference between revisions of "Emgu TF License"
(Created page with "== A Quick Overview == Emgu Tf use a '''Dual License''' business model for its software development library and offers licenses for two distinct purposes - #Open_Source_Lice...")
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
[[EMGU TF Commercial License Purchase]]
[[EMGU TF Commercial License Purchase ]]
Revision as of 22:58, 3 June 2017
A Quick Overview
- If you wish to use the open source license of an EMGU product, you must contribute all your source code to the open source community and you must give them the right to share it with everyone too.
- If you derive a commercial advantage by having a closed source solution, you must purchase an appropriate commercial licenses from EMGU. By purchasing commercial license, you are no longer obligated to publish your source code.
Open Source License
EMGU is an avid supporter of open source software. This is the appropriate option if you are creating an open source application with a license compatible with the GNU GPL license v3.
A quick guide to GPL v3 can be found here
If you wish to derive a commercial advantage by not releasing your application under an open source license, you must purchase a commercial license from EMGU. By purchasing commercial license, you are no longer obligated to publish your source code.
- Are perpetual and include upgrades to all minor revisions. For example: a 1.x license includes all 1.x releases including 1.2, and future 1.3 release.
- Are royalty-free
- Remove any obligations to release any source code.
- Only cover the binary of Emgu TF, and do not cover usage on any non-Emgu implemented binary. Usage of Tensorflow is govern by its own Apache license.